Roulette is one of the oldest and most played games in Casino’s history, and it comes in three variations: American, European, and French Roulette.
All other variations of roulette are derived from them.
There are a lot of similarities between these three versions of the roulette game, but it’s the composition and style of the roulette that differs them, and it includes the roulette layout, wheel, and table.
After playing the game for some time, understanding variations will be easy for you.
In this article, we have collected all the information about the roulette table Layout differences in these three versions.
Description of a Roulette Table Layout
- The roulette table has two parts: the wheel and the betting layout, also called as roulette layout.
- The roulette table is where the players place their bets.
- It is covered with cloth which has color is green.
- There are three colors present on the roulette table: red, black, and white.
- Red and Black sections on the table represent the pocket numbers on the wheel with the same number and color.
- The white color represents the writings on the roulette table.
- Types of bets are inside and outside bets. Inside bets are in the inner part of the roulette table layout and have good payouts with low chances. Outside bets are on the outer side of the roulette table layout, with fewer payouts and high chances.
- The roulette table comes in two different designs. One design has a single betting layout with a roulette wheel on the other end of it. The second design has two betting layouts with a single wheel in the center of both.
Types of Roulette Table Layout
There are three main types of roulette table layouts. These types are categorized based on the style and composition of the roulette table, wheel, and layout.
- European Roulette Table Layout
- American Roulette Table Layout
- French Roulette Table Layout
1. European Roulette Table Layout
This is the most popular variation of the roulette table worldwide because it is very easy to start with, and the layout will be the same where you play, whether it’s in any casino or you play online.
Description of Table Layout:
The description of the European roulette wheel is the same as described above.
It has 37 slots/pockets consisting of numbers from 1 to 36, respectively, and the last one is “0”.
There are 18 black pockets, 18 green sockets, and one green pocket, which is “0”. These pockets correspond to the betting part of the roulette table.
Bets on European roulette table layout:
1. Outside Bets
There are three columns of pocket numbers ranging from 1 to 12, 13 to 24, and 25 to 36, respectively. You can bet on any of the columns with these dozen numbers.
You can bet on half of the roulette pocket numbers at one, like 1 to 18 and 19 to 36. You cannot bet on 0.
The most popular among players are 4 bets on the outside part of the roulette table, which are red, black, odd, and even.
2. Inside Bets
Inside bets are more rewarding with higher payout than outside bets. In inside bets, you can bet on 6 numbers only.
You can bet on any individual number or any number of your choice. You can choose a group of 3 or 4 or 5 or any number.
- A bet on six numbers is called a Line.
- A bet on five numbers is called a Basket.
- A bet on four numbers is called a square.
- A bet on three numbers is called a Street.
- A bet on two numbers is called a Split.
- A bet on only one number is called a Straight-up.
The payouts are directly proportional to the number of pockets selected.
The higher the group of pockets you select, the lesser reward you will get, and vice versa. Winning a bet on just one number will give you a payout of 1:35.
Exclusive European Bets:
The bets are not placed on pocket numbers rather, you announce your bet and make the bet on the roulette table layout generically.
The other name of these exclusive bets is “call or “Announced Bets”.
These bets simplify your game, are easy to play, and the odds are great, so you can get substantial wins. These bets are as follows;
Table Bet. Pocket Numbers
- Jeu Zero (Zero Game) 12, 35, 3, 26, 0, 32, 15
- Voisins du Zero (The Neighbors of Zero) 22, 18, 29, 7, 28, 12, 35, 3, 26, 0, 32, 15, 19, 4, 21, 2, 25
- Orphelins (Orphans) 1, 20, 14, 31, 9, 17, 34, 6
- Tiers du Cylindre (A third of the cylinder) 27, 19, 36, 11, 30, 8, 23, 10, 5, 24, 16, 33
2. American Roulette Table Layout
American roulette was introduced in the 18th century after European and French Roulettes and became extremely popular among gambling enthusiasts all around the world in no time.
Description of Table Layout:
American roulette table layout is quite similar to European roulette, as discussed above, but there are some differences.
- On the American roulette wheel, there is an additional number, which is “00”. A double Zero, which is also green in color and stands right in front of the regular “0”.
- The pocket numbers are spread in a different way.
- There are a total of 38 pocket numbers compared to 37 in European roulette.
Bets on American roulette table layout:
Bets are made in the same way as made on the European roulette table. Inside and outside bets.
Inside bets with higher chances with higher payouts, and outside bets with lower chances with lower payouts.
But there is one additional bet you can make because of the “00”. Let’s discuss it.
The “00” Bet
As we discussed, betting on the “0” ensures very minimum chances of winning, and the payout will be 1:35.
This exact goes for the “00” bet, too. You will get 1:35 on winning hands same as the “0” bet.
Now the fun starts; you can bet on these two numbers, “0” and “00” at the same time and hit a jackpot.
The chances are very rare. But definitely more than just betting on a single Zero. This bet is valid for outside bets only.
3. French Roulette Table Layout
French was the first to introduce roulette to the world in the 17th century. They are called Athens founders of the game.
Their roulette wheel, table, and layout are considered classics all around the world. All other variations of the roulette were derived from it.
Description of Roulette Table Layout:
French Roulette also has 37 pocket numbers, including just a single Zero. The roulette table layout of the French is quite similar to the European roulette, yet there are a few differences, which are given below.
- All numbers from 1 to 36 are in three rows with zero on top of it. These rows are present in the center of the roulette table.
- On one side of these single numbers, there are “Manque” and “Impair”.
- Followed by Manque and Impair, there is a section for red slots.
- On the other side of the pocket number rows, there are “Passe” and “Pair”.
- Followed by Passe and Pair, there is a section for black slots.
- There is a section of the writings at the bottom of these numbers, which are P12, M12, and D12. P stands for the first dozen numbers, while M and D stand for the second and third dozens of numbers, respectively.
- Most of the table’s writing is in French, but some casinos have also translated it into English. Once you start playing, it will be no worry.
Bets on French Roulette Table layout:
There are only inside and outside bets in French Roulette.
Inside bets are the same as the European roulette, with more chances of winning and lesser payouts.
The outside bets are different due to the following: Manque and Impair mean you can only bet on 1 to 18 and odd pocket numbers, respectively.
While Passe and Pair mean, you can only bet on 19 to 36 and even pocket numbers, respectively.
Online and Land base Table Layout Comparison.
Online roulette gaming has become widely popular in the past decade, and more players love to play the game online rather than in Casino.
More and more players all over the globe have switched to online roulette gaming.
The layout and bet placing is similar to both the land base and online roulette table.
Yet there are some advantages and disadvantages of playing roulette online, which are described below.
|Online Roulette Table Pons.||Online Roulette Table Cons.|
|Big Variety of bets||Less interactive|
|No extra expenses||No gaming atmosphere|
|Better odds of winning||Less fun and enjoyment|
|Bigger and Higher payouts|