Teen Patti is one of the most favorite South Asia’s favorite card gambling games. The game originated in India and became very popular in South Asia.
Some people say that this game is just a copy of the English game “Three Card Brag”. This game also resembles poker because it is also played with three cards.
With all the similarities of the game to others, this game holds its place in the gambling industry.
The objective of the Game
The objective of the game is very simple and easy to understand, and it states that the
“Player should have the best combination of three cards on his hand to maximize his pot winning before the dealer shows all the cards on the table.”
Cards are shuffled properly, and each player gets three cards face down from the deck.
An initial bet amount is agreed upon by all players and is collected before the first round starts.
This amount will be the minimum bet to play with. Players can only increase or play coming rounds with the same bets.
One cannot decrease the bet. The game progresses with more rounds and bets.
The winner is decided based on who plays all the rounds and the one with the best or highest hand.
Basic Requirements to Play Teen Patti:
- Number of players: 4 – 6
- Number of Cards= 52
- Ranking of Cards A (Highest ranking), K, Q, J, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 (Lowest Ranking).
- Game Type= Gambling
- Audience= Adult
Teen Patti Rules
1. Shuffling and Dealing
Shuffling and dealing is the first step to playing the game, and the rules for it are very simple and are given below.
- The main purpose of shuffle is to make sure that no bias is being carried out.
- Give cards to the dealer to shuffle properly. All 52 cards from the deck are shuffled.
- After shuffling, distribute three cards from the top to each player one by one.
- Distribute cards in a clockwise direction.
- Place the cards in front of the players. Cards should be face down. So that no other player should cheat by looking at opponents’ cards.
- Players will check by themselves when they want.
2. Sequence Ranking
As the game objective states, the winner is decided based on the best Teen Patti Sequence.
Let’s understand how the Ranking of the teen Patti Sequence works.
|Teen Patti sequence||Teen Patti Rules for sequence|
|Trio or Trial For trial||For the trial, all three cards should be of the same number or same rank. Three A’s have the highest rank, and three 2’s have the lowest rank.|
|Pure Sequence||The Ranking order in card games is A (Highest ranking), K, Q, J, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 (Lowest Ranking). If any player gets three cards with consecutive numbers and the same color, it is called a pure sequence|
|Straight Run||If the players get three consecutive numbers, but they are different in color, it is called a Straight Run. The sequence order is the same with A (Highest ranking), K, Q, J, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 (Lowest Ranking).|
|Flush||Irrespective of sequence, if all three cards are of the same color (diamonds, clubs, hearts, or spades), it is called a Flush.|
|Pair||As the name states, a pair is formed when you get to cards with the same numbers, Irrespective of their color or suit. The winner in such cases is decided by the third card number. The highest pair in this scenario will be A-A-K, and the lowest pair will be 2-2-3.|
|High Card||If you fail to get any combination, the higher order of the card that is held will be referred to as a high card.|
3. Blind/Seen Play
Blind and seen is the most thrilling part of the game, distinguishing it from other games.
- After shuffling, when you receive the cards face down, you can play the game without even looking at the card’s sequence or colors.
- However, the player will have to give the whole bet amount to the dealer, whatever is decided at the start.
- As soon as you receive your cards face down, you can watch the cards yourself carefully and watch out for opponents.
- You can even raise the bet on the table to influence other players and get the best of your luck.
Betting Rules in Blind/Seen
- The player who has seen the cards will have to bet two times as the blind player.
- This is not for the first round. Here, all the players will have to pay the amount which all players decide.
- However, in the second round, betting depends on blind/seen players.
- Only the blind player himself can see his cards. He cannot show it to others.
- Blind players are only allowed to raise the bet to double their initial bet.
- Seen players can only bet four times their current bet.
A sideshow, also called a compromise, states that at any point of the game, if you want to show and compare your cards with any opponent, you can do that.
There are rules for it, which are given below.
- You cannot just see any player’s card. Rather, you can request anyone on the table.
- Sideshow becomes possible when both players decide to show their cards and compare with each other.
- A blind player cannot compromise or sideshow with anyone until he sees his cards.
- You can ask for compromise for a total of three times only. The person who wants to compromise can deny your request two times, but the third time, he will have to accept it.
- After accepting the sides show, both players will compare their cards, and the one with the weak cards or sequence will have to fold right away.
- If both players get the same cards with the same strength and color, then the player asking for compromise will fold.
- You will have to ask for a compromise before betting because if the player rejects, you will have to pay the bet that is going on.
Winning is purely based on luck as the player can get any of the cards, but playing rules can help you to change your destiny and win a losing game.
- The winner will be decided based on whoever has the highest hand ranking.
- If everyone folds, then the player remaining in the last will get the win Irrespective of its card’s strength.
- The game will carry on until two players leave, and one of them either asks for a compromise or folds the game.
- There is no limit to betting. You have to make your opponent fold or get to a compromise.
How do we implement teen Patti rules?
It is important to implement rules of teen Patti for fair and unbiased play.
The rules of teen Patti are simple and easy, yet implementing them is a greater responsibility. This is how you can implement the rules of teen Patti while playing.
- The first thing is the shuffling then, the dealer distributes three cards to each player face down and in a clockwise direction, starting from himself. A bet is decided by every player here, and betting is important in this round.
- The sequence of the cards should be checked, which runs from the highest to the lowest. If the ranking is the same, then the one will more similar colors will win the hand.
- You can either see your cards or go blind. Being blind gives you an advantage in that you will bet half of the betting than others. But it comes with a disadvantage, too which is that you cannot compromise.
- If you think your card is weak, you can fold it without showing it to your other players.
Variations of three Patti and their rules
There are a lot of variations of the game. Each of them is given with their own unique rules.
- Lowball: In this version of the game, the rules are quite the opposite, where the one with the highest hand loses, and the one with the lowest hand wins.
- 999: In this version, the one whose card numbers total becomes 9 or closer to it becomes the winner.
- AK47: In this version, A, K, 4, and 7 are jokers and are free for all cards. You can replace these cards with any numbers.
- Best of four: In this version, four cards are given, and you have to choose three cards to play. The rules are the same as for three Patti. You have to make the best sequence out of four cards.
- Bust Card Draw: This is the most exciting version of the game, where one card is declared as a bust card, and anyone who gets that card loses the game immediately.
Teen Patti is a simple and fun game with exciting rules and variations. While the game is based on luck, Understanding the game is necessary.
In this article, we have explained how to play Teen Patti, along with the rules and all its variations. You will be able to play the game right away.